6 Must Haves for Teamwork to Work
Teamwork is defined as “ persons acting team
When it comes to the church and the mission that Christ has called us to as outlined in Matthew 28:18-20, it is imperative that we develop teams in order to accomplish this task. One person cannot do it alone. Jesus sets us the example when He began this mission.
The first thing Christ did was develop a team of people who were willing to not only to go with Him, but learn from Him “how” to fulfill the mission. We see Him not trying to reach the world on His own (although He could have being God), but creating a team, training them, and then releasing them to the ministry.
We as the church need to understand that this mission is not to be done alone. We too are called to develop teams and work alongside one another to finish the mission that is at hand.
Below are 6 things we must-haves for teamwork to work and if we are going to accomplish this mission that is set before us.
- Admit that we need one another – 1 Corinthians 12
- Be willing to follow leadership – 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13; Hebrews 13:7
- Choose not to be offended – Proverbs 19:11; Colossians 3:13
- Believe the best about our brothers/sisters in Christ – 1 Corinthians 13:7-8
- Speak well of one another – Proverbs 6:16, 19; Philippians 4:8; James 4:11
- Maintain loyalty to one another – Proverbs 21:21
If we are going to work together, these six things are vital in order to keep the team together – unity – and for teamwork to work.